SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with people from all walks of life.
- A commitment to the furtherance of Allotment gardening
- Community spirit
- The ability and willingness to work as part of a team
A committee member is required to attend:
- Most of the 10 Committee Meetings each year (1st Sunday of the month, February – November). Apologies for absence must be sent in advance of the meeting. Meetings are usually 1 hour long.
- The Annual General Meeting held each year at the end of November/beginning of December. This meeting usually takes approximately 2 hours, including set-up and clear-up.
- Rent Collection – approx 3 hours per day for 2 days during the last weekend in September and the first week in October.
- Regular Site Inspections – up to 6 per year
There are a range of tasks to be undertaken in order to run the Site effectively e.g. grass cutting, boundary repairs, maintenance of water supply, secretarial duties, participation in community events – e.g. bring-and-buy sales etc. Also, the Site is divided into areas, each of which has a Representative of the Committee allocated to it, to act as a link between the Members and the Committee. These tasks are divided between the Committee Members according to skill and availability.