Roast Beetroot Hummus
- 500g raw fresh beetroot
- Drizzle of olive oil
- sa salt and pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- zest of a lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- Parboil the beetroot for about 10 minutes, or log enough to make it easy to rub or scrape of the skins and then de skin.
- Chop the raw beetroot into cubes about 2-3 cm wide. Oil and season them and place on a baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the beetroot is soft enough to eat. Add the garlic clove and roast for another 5 minutes.
- remove from the oven and allow too cool.
- Once cool, place in a blender with he chickpeas, lemon zest and juice and blend to a paste. Season to taste whilst blending
- Place in a sealed container and chill.
Beetroot Hummus 2
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 medium and cooked beetroots
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbs of plain yoghurt
- 2-3 tbs of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Place the beetroots, chickpeas and garlic into a food processor and process for 1 minute until ground.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. It should have a grainy texture.
- Adjust seasonings, adding more salt, cumin, olive oil or lemon juice if needed.
- Refrigerate or use immediately. It will keep in the fridge covered well, for 3-4 days