As Trustees we take the health and well being of our members very seriously. In light of recent Government guidance we hope to be able to continue cultivating our plots but need to make clear certain conditions.
Many of our members are older or or vulnerable and we want to introduce certain safeguards.
- Please respect social distances. One to two metres has been suggested nationally and we should maintain this on site.
- Go straight to your plot and don’t visit other areas.
- Members only on site though get in touch if you’re unwell and want someone else to tend your plot.
- No dog walking unless they are with you, on lead, as you go to your plot.
- Try to avoid congregating in the car park. If you arrive by car and it’s busy, don’t be embarrassed to sit in your car and wait.
- Overall be sensitive to others, their space, needs and, perhaps, fears.
- Handle gate locks and the eco loo with proper care
From Tuesday March 17th the Shop will be shut until further notice. If you have a large order send an email to email@example.com
and we’ll see what can be done
All events shown in the events calendar are now on hold pending further developments. If it proves possible to run any of them we will let you know.
Allotment Committee meetings will be by phone and email until further notice.
This is a very sad situation but by taking these measures we hope that the allotments will remain open to members over this difficult time.
Jim Layton, Jak Sheridan, Nigel Briggs
Trustees St Mary’s Allotments